General Company Info
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. We have more than 223,000 people in 52 countries and work with clients in nearly every major industry worldwide, including 94 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500 and government agencies around the world. This means the work you'll do at Accenture is important and can help make a real difference to the way the world's companies and governments operate.
Accenture offers a place where you can develop your potential and grow professionally, working alongside talented colleagues. Our employees come from a wide range of cultural, educational and geographic backgrounds, and the different points of view they bring lead to superior business solutions for Accenture and our clients.
We know it is important for you to balance a successful career with a healthy lifestyle, involving family, friends and community, and we offer a range of programs to help you achieve that balance. Accenture is also committed to playing a full, relevant and positive role in society, and we support our people's passion for charitable work.
Accenture traces its roots to 1953 with the installation of the first computer for business application at GE.
Ticker symbol: ACN
2011 staff: 223,000
2010 revenue: $21,600 million
Want to get involved before you graduate? Learn about internships and mentoring programs on our website or through your campus career center. Meet us on campus in the fall and spring at select schools, and stay connected by subscribing to our newsletter, consulting analyst, and video blogs.
- Fortune magazine – Top 50 World’s Most Admired Companies (2003 – 2011)
- Diversity Inc. – Top 50 Companies for Diverity (2007 – 2011
- Fortune magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For (2009 – 2011)
- Hay Group’s – 2010 Best Companies for Leadership (2008-2010)
- Working Mother magazine 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers (2003 – 2010)
- Diversity Employers magazine (formerly Black Collegian magazine) – Top 100 Employers List for the Class of 2010 (2003 – 2011)
- Human Rights Campaign – 100 out of 100, perfect score, on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index (CEI) (2008 – 2011)
- Universum – 2010 World’s Top 50 Most Attractive Employers
- Hispanic Business – Diversity Elite 60 list in 2010
- Fortune.com – Top 100 MBA Employers for the past five years (2006-10)